Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Words from Les

Dear friends and family,
Karen has asked me for some time now if I'd like to write something on her blog. When she first asked I thought there was no way I could ever put into words what I have been feeling the past few months. But with the new year knocking on the door, I think it's time. So here I sit at the computer trying to pull a few thoughts out of my brain.  It's difficult for me to do this. The past few months have been quite surreal. It is something that I try not to think about, but find that it is part of  my every thought. It is just 'here' with me all the time, and I know it isn't going away. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sad or down trodden or moping around the house all day.  How could I be with all the love and support that I (we) have received. And how do I thank everyone properly?  How does a guy let people know that their card, email or text touched me to the core of my heart.  That their prayers, hug, handshake or gift did more for me at that moment than any drug or supplement ever could! I'm at a loss for words, and that's not like me. Your thoughtfulness and kindness has overwhelmed me. I'm just a regular guy for crying out loud!  A guy who has tried to follow God's leading for my life both at work and home. And now as we say goodbye to 2013 and start a new year I wonder.... I wonder what this year will bring?  What will my doctor tell me at my 3 month checkup?  What will he see?  Will my symptoms advance and spread? Will it happen slow, fast or even perhaps plateau?  Only the good Lord knows. And that's ok with me.  A friend of mine likes to say, "It is what it is." And that's right! But, God knows "what it's going to be!" I don't know 'what' my future holds, but I sure know 'who' holds my future! So as we pull the plug on 2013, let me just say; "THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!" I am a very blessed man to have friends and family such as you!

"God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'
So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper;
I will not be afraid'"  Heb. 13:5-6

4 comments:

  1. Good words, Les. Wishing you continued peace and goodness in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing, Les! There's no doubt in my mind that the Lord will use this blog for a witness....maybe to those who don't know Him, but certainly to those of us who do, as you and Karen continue to show us that God is faithful and that His grace is abundant! God's blessings to both of you in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From our devotional today (editorial license taken): " Your name matters to God, Les. Behind your name is a marvelous story of God's faithfulness, forgiveness and presence. Your name matters because you are under the Name that saves and redeems us for a greater purpose: the resurrected Jesus. In the name of Jesus, you have a new life, a sure hope and a secure future......"
    Les, we know that in the way you deal with this and live your life you will continue to preach, by your actions, God's great faithfulness.
    We love you!
    H & V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with all of us. Thanks for all the love you have shown to me & my family. One of my favorite memories is watching you sing for each of our girls baptisms. You are very special to me & have made a big impact in my life. Thanks also for showing me what a loving father role model looks like & being that for me when I did not have that in my life. We are praying for you everyday. We love you, tammy & family

    ReplyDelete