Thursday, October 1, 2015

Recent Stuff

The house is quiet.  My sister Sharon left last Saturday after being here for almost two weeks.  I was SO GLAD she was here in the house with me for that long - I didn't realize how much I needed her here.  But now everyone is gone and for the first time in several months, no one is coming and going on a daily basis.  The solitude is okay right now - I needed some quiet.  I have been on auto pilot for so long - it feels weird to have TIME where I don't have to be anywhere or doing something.  I can go for a walk and I don't have get home quick.....I can drive away if I want to.  I don't have to have my phone with me at all times - I left it at home when I went to church.  It felt strange going to the grocery store after not being there for so long.  So odd.
Love her
 I've done a little biking and hiking with my sister and some friends the past couple of weeks.  It feels SO GOOD to get out and enjoy God's beautiful creation.



Happy hour after a 7 mile hike!!
The week after Les passed away we also had beautiful weather.  That first week we spent alot of time on our back patio.  Leslie was here every day; Hannah was here often.  People came and went, and we were able to just rest, process, grieve.

My dear friends brought an ice-chest full of beverages.  They brought wine, cheese and crackers, chips and salsa, ham and cheese buns.  Our daughter Leslie's co-workers brought "morning bags" for all of our guests who were staying elsewhere - these "morning bags" had coffee, bagels, muffins, toast, jam, crackers, cheese, fruit, etc....  What a great idea!  Niece Emily's co-workers did a similar thing, but more snacky stuff - crackers, cheese, granola bars, fruit, drinks.  So, so thoughtful.

It  meant so much to me that many relatives traveled a long ways to be here for the memorial service.  All of our brothers and sisters were here, except for Les' brother Mike who is having some health issues.  Two Iowa nephews flew out here.  Oh how Uncle Les loved these boys!  Two nephews from Montana drove out here - with small children!!!  My nieces from eastern Washington and Seattle drove here.  Cousins from eastern Washington drove here.

The biggest surprise of all was three of my high school friends who traveled here for the service.  I was SHOCKED to see them.  What an unexpected, special surprise!!!  I promise you girls, we will get together soon!!!
Tami & I having some fun - she came to the service!
Terri and Julie from this pic came to the service!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment