Thursday, December 17, 2015

Reflections

What a year this has been.  A year ago, Les was still walking and eating.  Hard to imagine he has been gone over 3 months already.  We have made it through a Thanksgiving without him, and celebrated his birthday without him.

We had our friend Daniel take some pictures at Les' service.  I knew that I wouldn't remember much.  And that turned out to be true- I don't remember hardly any of the graveside service.  I'm so glad I have these pictures.  Thanks Daniel, you are the best.


We asked those who had sang with Les in the past to come up front and sing a final "10,000 Reasons"
I recently had the "transfer" guys and their wives for dinner.  I wanted to do SOMETHING to let them know how much they are appreciated.  My friend Lori helped set a pretty table and my dad made the yummy prime rib (and NO leftovers!!).  Oh we had so much fun!!  Les had some great friends!  We laughed and laughed.   Towards the end of the evening we shared stories of Les and it was emotional but so good, and so healing.

Christmas season is upon us.  I did decorate a tree - I wanted to have that - and then over the next few days gradually got a few things up.  Now that some decorations are up, I'm glad!  I have also noticed how so much emphasis is on FAMILY this time of year.  Which is all great until your own family has a great big hole in it.  SO, I am trying to focus on Jesus this Christmas.  He is the reason for the season, and I am ever so much more aware of that.  Daughter Leslie is very pregnant right now, due in January, and it certainly helps imagine what Mary was going through before the birth of her Son!!

Merry Christmas to you.  This is my Christmas card, I guess.  I have some adorable grandchildren to share with you.
A recent verse from The Jesus Calling:  "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit"  Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment