Friday, June 22, 2018

Mister and Missus

Since many of you have been asking, here is a wedding blog!

April 28 was such a good day.  I wasn't nervous, I was just happy and very excited for this next new season of my life.  The night before we hosted all of Jim's siblings (there are 8 in that family!) at our house.  My Iowa brother-in-law served smoked brisket and his amazing bbq beans.  My mom made coleslaw - everything was so, so yummy.  Many thanks to my sisters and brother-in-law for this event.  No pics - I was having too much fun!

My girls, my new step-daughter to be, my sister, my niece, my friends and I decorated the ferry terminal the morning of the wedding.  My nephew Derek made the old-wood boxes for centerpieces, and we filled them with flowers from the the amazing Seven Sisters Designs.  We kept things simple, and I was thrilled with how it looked. My nephew Derek also made the cross.  He made it for his own wedding last fall, and I asked to borrow it.  He has now donated it to the Hispanic church in Mt. Vernon.  How cool is that???  The two white roses on the candle table were in honor of Les and Cheryl.  We will not forget that they are the parents of our children, and that they helped shape Jim and me into who we are today.


As I mentioned in my prior blog post, my friends had helped so much with this wedding planning.  They were so amazing during the time I was dealing with my dad's illness and death.   They would make me sit down and talk about this event that was coming on.  They shopped for me.  They brought me wines to taste.  They gave me great suggestions.  They helped me decide what dress to wear.  We had a lot of fun and I am so grateful for them.

Jim and I were blessed to have so much family support.  ALL of Jim's siblings and their spouses were at the ceremony.  All of Cheryl's siblings and spouses flew out here.  What a gift to have their support.  My sisters were able to be here, and my younger brother and his wife.  My two sister-in-laws, Linda and Vicky flew out.   Jim's kids were here for a short weekend - we were so happy they squeezed in a quick weekend away to help us celebrate.  We miss that crew - especially baby Eliana!!!  (Although, Jim's youngest son Jonathan and his girlfriend Jes have now moved here!)

The ceremony meant so much to us.  My Iowa friend Nancy played piano while our friend Karen played her violin.  Kris and Leslie walked me in.  My dear friend Lori sang "Surely His Presence". Pastor Mike married us.  (Pastor Mike was one of the guys who took a turn putting Les to bed once a week.  He has a special place in my heart!)  Jim's friend from Idaho, Pastor Mark, prayed over us and our children.  Niece Emily sang a beautiful song, "Your Love Changes Everything".   Our reception was just dinner and a chance for these families to mingle and visit.












We have settled into this new life together.  Jim has moved into my house for now.  He will rent his out to his niece Rachel and her family while they are home for a furlough from the mission field.  Our biggest complaint - we have been TOO BUSY, but otherwise doing great!  We are thankful and blessed to have this new life together.   With God's blessing and guidance, we pray for many years together.  With MUCH JOY!


1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog by way of "the lady in the stone house". My son and daughter-in-law were married at the ferry terminal in 2016. Your wedding looks beautiful. Congrats and many years together.

    ReplyDelete