Sunday, November 9, 2014

Post-Op Surgery Update

We've been home since Monday night, so I figured I better get an update out!

Overall, Les is doing pretty well.  His incisions look good and are healing nicely.  He is breathing so much easier.  He has had a bit more saliva the past few days, which is a bit of a concern.  His whole neck has been stiff and numb so we are hoping and praying that is the reason for excess saliva.  Tomorrow, Monday, we go to Dr. Hillel to have the stitches taken out.  Dr. will also do a swallow test.

Les has been a bit down off and on the past several days.  He is a bit discouraged about the saliva and he is quite anxious about the swallow test.  He is SO hoping and praying for the ability to swallow SOMETHING and he is afraid he won't be able to swallow anything.  Please pray that he will be able to swallow!!

We have had very timely visitors this week!  One evening he was pretty down and several different people popped in.  When the last one left he said, "I guess I needed some company - I feel much better"!  We had an issue with our pond yesterday morning.  Les and I were both out there working in the wet and mud.  He was trying to explain what he needed done with the pump - and that kinda thing is NOT my forte.  Needless to say we were "having a moment".  Just at that time friend Dale stopped by to drop something off....he took over as Les' pump assistant and I went in the house and cried.  Again, a very timely visitor!  And once I have a good cry like that, I'm pretty good again for awhile. :)

We do covet your prayers.  Please pray the saliva gets under control.  Please pray Les will be able to swallow a bit.  And if you ever feel like popping in for a couple minutes, please do so!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Les & Karen, I've been following your blog for many months now. Thank you for the regular updates and for sharing your testimony in this way. You are both in my prayers everyday, and especially tonight, as you wait for your appointment tomorrow, that God would encourage you and provide more of those visits from friends and family at just the right time. Love, Ivan & Lorilynn

    ReplyDelete