Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Special Visitors

Last weekend we had some very special visitors.  My cousin Jesse and his wife Cheryl were in town for a wedding.  My cousin and I grew up in southern California together.  He is my age, so of course one of my favorites.  I have a scar on my upper lip from when he threw something at me, back when we were about 5.  I still love him though.  And his wife Cheryl - what a dear.  I wish we lived closer together than 14 hours - I think we would be VERY good friends.

 We had a good week last week with no trips to UW.  Unfortunately, we have one this week.  I truly am getting tired of those trips - mainly because of the awful traffic in the city!!

Les is doing well.  He eats some real food almost every day (along with his liquid diet, of course).  Scrambled eggs, a pancake, some bacon, a piece of pizza!!, soup - and usually a shake a day.   Cousins Ron & Judy stopped in the other day.  She made a yummy squash-from-her-garden soup.  It was so good - Les really liked it!  (And Happy Birthday Ron! we forgot to tell you that day).   Les has gained a couple of pounds - yay!!  His breathing is great.  His breathing is so quiet after that noisy, messy trach tube.  His right hand/arm/shoulder continues to weaken, which is frustrating.  He really can't do much with that hand anymore.  Also his left leg is starting to drag, which makes me nervous when he is walking.  Apparently the dominant limbs are the first to weaken.  Strange, huh?  Please pray that his left hand stays strong.




No comments:

Post a Comment