Thursday, June 23, 2016

Pursuit of Joy

My family and I had a very busy weekend - full of birthdays!!!  My mom's 80th is coming up in August;  my siblings could not visit in August, so they visited this past weekend and we celebrated a tad early.  I think mom kinda liked that cuz she could keep saying "I'm not 80!!!!"  My mom is a trooper and you would never know she is 80!  She looks great, feels great, and is overall very healthy!  Love you mom!!
Gma Ada with a few of her 21 great grands

My niece from the east side came for mom's party, and while here her baby girl turned one.  Another birthday party!  Happy birthday Miss Melanie!!
cousins!! 

Mean momma took the cake away.......

And then it was my birthday on Sunday.  On Saturday this was delivered:

When the florist came I assumed the flowers were from Howard and Vicky - they send flowers often.  My sister Becky and my brother-in-law Denny were in the kitchen prepping food; when I read that card I just could not believe it.  Tears were shed -  it was a weird feeling to read that message.  Seriously, that man was amazing.

This birthday was my first one without Les in 36 years.  (Not that I'm old or anything!!!!)  The day went well - better than I had anticipated.  Lots of family was still here from Mom's party and that sure helped.  Our sermon that morning was on the pursuit of joy.  Our new pastor did not know Les and he did not know that joy has been my "word" of choice the past few years.  What a blessing this sermon was.  Thanks Pastor Kyle for blessing me on my birthday - keep the great sermons coming.
The plan was to hike that afternoon, BUT my YOUNGER sisters couldn't make it.  Sharon was sick and Becky had a bum knee.  This OLDEST sister was the healthiest that day!!!!  ha~
Miss Jayna was amazing with the kiddos!
 


On Monday everyone was gone except us girls (and Denny!) after a busy weekend.  Thanks mom and dad for a great dinner.  We had such a good time that evening!!  We had a great time the entire week of visitors.  I am blessed to have you all in my life.  I continue to choose JOY.



No comments:

Post a Comment