Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Family!! and a prayer request...

The last week of June and over the 4th of July, lots of my family were here.  The gathering was partly for my dad's 80th in May, and partly because that's when we could get together!  As always, we had lots of fun.  Lots of yummy food.....  We had four of five siblings, 3 in-laws, 10 of 16 grandchildren, and 6 of 22 great grands.  Because we had so much family here, we hosted a shower for Marina, who will be the bride of my nephew Derek in October.  The shower was so fun - and we can't wait to officially welcome her to our family!!



Some of us hiked the Oyster Dome while here.  On Monday before the 4th, several car loads of us headed over the mountains to spend some time at my brother's on the east side.   We drove straight to the trail head of Colchuck Lake.  The parking lot was FULL, but while we were hiking it really wasn't overly busy.  Colchuck was a hard hike!  It's a nine mile hike, plus we parked about a mile down the road from the trail head.  I think there were 12 of us on that hike!
Oyster Dome!
Trailhead to Colchuck Lake.  Not all finished
Cousins at Colchuck

Siblings who hike together.........

On the 4th, my niece Dani and her husband Elliot hosted a family barbeque.  They have a wonderful pool and backyard.  We had a fun, relaxing day.

My dad has perked up a bit the past month or so, which we are so thankful for.  He has Parkinsons, and in May he was having some issues with falling and confusion.......  We got his meds figured out and he is doing better!  He made it to church with all of us - we filled up about 4 rows.  So fun!

I have a prayer request!  On this Saturday, July 29, I am heading to Guadalajara, Mexico with a youth group team from our church.  We have 20 students and 5 leaders going.  I went on several youth mission trips about 15-20 years ago, and I SO enjoyed those experiences.  I was convicted to go along again this year!  I've never been to this orphanage that we partner with in Guadalajara, so I'm pretty excited to check it all out.  Please pray for safety, for good health, that we may bless these kids, and that I CAN SLEEP!

Also, BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT:
Grandbaby #4 will be arriving in January, thanks to Kris and Hannah!  So much JOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment