Saturday, August 16, 2014

A Good Saturday

Saturday was a good day!  When I first saw Les in the morning he was so excited to tell me that he had slept SO good, AND he slept flat on his back.  He hasn't been able to do that in several months.  He had some "training" on suctioning out the trach tube this morning and has been doing most of the suctioning all day.  He also walked several loops around the ICU unit.

I took a break at noon for some wedding fun.  Hannah had a craft day at her mom's - some of her friends, her mom's friends and my friends got together to craft some fun wedding things.  I knew that Jan would have yummy food and mimosa's, so that MIGHT have been part of the reason I wanted to go...... I'm sad we didn't get any pictures there!
Everything is better now
We had quite a bit of company today, and of course several people came at the same time this evening.  My evening meal was delivered by our neighbor chef Dan and wife Melinda; thank goodness I got my dinner before all our visitors got kicked out! I guess that the 9 people in the room were a few over the 1 allowed......  Les' roommate is a very sick man and tonight he had some "emergency" issues so it was a very busy room.  Because of that, Les didn't get much attention from the nurses.   Les had a few suctioning issues this evening, but otherwise is doing great.  There was talk of moving Les to a regular room but that hadn't happened when I left at 10:15.

From Jesus Calling a couple of days ago:
"Come to me when you are weak and weary.  Rest snugly in My everlasting arms.  I do not despise  your weakness, My child.  Actually, it draws Me closer to you because weakness stirs up My compassion--My yearning to help.  Accept yourself in your weariness, knowing that I understand how difficult your journey has been.
Do not compare yourself with others who seem to skip along their life-paths with ease.  Their journeys have been different from yours, and I have gifted them with abundant energy.  I have gifted you with fragility, providing opportunities for your spirit to blossom in My Presence.  Accept this gift as a sacred treasure: delicate, yet glowing with brilliant Light.  Rather than struggling to disguise or deny your weakness, allow Me to bless you richly through it."

No comments:

Post a Comment