Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday

Another fairly good day, and we are thankful for that!  Les got kicked out of ICU at 6:30 this morning.  I'm glad I had organized everything last night before I left.  His new room is on the same floor, but on the surgery side.  He is all by himself in a large room and it is SO QUIET.  He is happy.  Dr. Steve came and sat with Les early this morning; Dr. Verneuil stopped in so the two doctors met and chatted a bit.  Les thought it was pretty cool that they both helped with his suctioning this morning :)

Les had quite a few visitors today and we are feeling loved; he was dozing off a bit but I guess that's okay since he is still trying to figure out this whole trach thing.  Kris and Hannah were there this noon when the respiratory therapist and the speech therapist came in - I was thankful they were there.  Hannah and I went off to a bridal shower for her; Kris sat with Les until I got back.   That was Hannah's last shower - the days are ticking away!  We are getting VERY excited!

Our late afternoon was pretty quiet, we both napped a bit.  Les was coughing/spitting up the blue ice cream the speech therapist tried to get him to swallow.  She was like "I'm sorry but you aren't swallowing"  Um, pretty sure we knew that.........  I don't think she had checked with UW before that test!  Other than that, Les felt kinda crappy because of the pain meds so we switched him to Tylenol.  His stitches around the trach are really itching so he got approved for some benadryl.  He was sleeping this evening EVEN when Brett, Leslie and little man were visiting.  I got him cleaned up a little earlier this evening, shut the lights out, and headed home before dark.  I think he will have a much better night's sleep tonight! 

Again, thanks for the visits and the prayers.  Les was prayed for by our church this morning - we are comforted and blessed by those prayers!


No comments:

Post a Comment