Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Home Again, Home Again


Monday evening
Les came home today!  I was at the hospital at 7:30 AM to meet with Dr. Verneuil.  He changed out the ENTIRE trach tube with a clean one.  The site of that hole in Les' throat kinda got to me.....not so sure I will ever be able to do that change-out.  The cleaning and suctioning I can handle, but that open hole is a bit much for me.  The change-out caused a bit of stress on Les' throat and it took him awhile to settle back down.  This afternoon he is breathing great and has been resting comfortably.  We need to get him a more comfortable lounge chair to hang out in.

The two of us are exhausted and overwhelmed.  So much to learn!  The medical supply guy met with Leslie at our house this morning (thank you Leslie!  She is an excellent nurse......) and once again my office is overflowing with new medical items.

Thank you to neighbors chef Dan and Jeany for doing our yardwork.  Lu, your soup and other goodies are delicious.  Thanks to mom and dad for the fresh crab.  Thank you Rose for the beautiful flowers.  All these gestures bring us to tears.

Happy Hank!!

No comments:

Post a Comment